Sunday, June 25, 2006

Lace (Life-long obsession)




I am creating this site for my lace projects. Something that I can post my progress on. My other site is for other crafts in general, but Lace is something that gets hold of you and won't let go. I'm not even good at it but still I keep at it. There are those who are much much better. Knitterguy for one (http://knitterguy.typepad.com/) . he is making The infamous "Princess" shawl from the Heirloom Knitting site (see side-bar). His second site is devoted to his progress on this lovely shawl (http://wabisabi.typepad.com/the_princess_diaries/) . I have had to re-do my site because my previous site was so messed-up as to be impossible to print on. This is much better. See above, my current project made of a 70/30 merino/silk blend two ply that I hand-spun on my Schacht wheel at 22-24 WPI. The fiber is from Widdershin Woolworks in Arroyo Hondo, New Mexico and it spun like a dream. I am also starting, yet again, to knit the "Peacock Shawl" from Fiddlesticks Knitting. This will be the 6th time I had to rip it out. I am stubborn and refuse to use a "Lifeline" so I will take a page out of the Knitterguys attempts and begin to limit how much time I spend knitting on the shawl so not to make undue errors. I need to be a whole lot sharper as I'm not doing it on the recommended size US 3 needles but on US 1. Yeah, I know, just hit me repeatedly over the head with a baseball bat! But if it wasn't a challenge, it wouldn't be fun! I have also decided that the ball of yarn I was using, purple, is cursed.I have started with a different colorway. The name of the yarn is "Graceful" and can be purchased at the Yarn Place (see side-bar for link).

That's it for now!

No comments: