Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Knitting Baby Stuff (Lace Down-time)







I'm afraid no pictures of lace for you. I'm currently knitting Baby Stuff for a niece who is "expecting" so I'm in the middle of"lace down-time" with very little lace being done. I've made three more points on the edge of Princess, plied up the Camel/Silk and bought beautiful fiber batts from "Spritely Goods" after seeing her lovely shawl in Spin-Off Magazine. The batt is made of Merino, Alpaca, Angelina and Firestar in a colorway called Palo Verde. It's the first fiber I've ever spun with sparkle in it. I usually don't go for that type of thing but this is really very subtle so I'm interested to see how it comes out. I also could not resist buying yet another Sharon Miller pattern as you can see, even though I have not yet finished any of those projects I've started with her patterns. I'm beginning to get a complex! Still, I can't resist them. I will be back to knitting lace shortly since I have another co-worker about to retire. It so happens she likes to garden. I imagine you know where the International Shawl is going to end up. Tomorrow it's off to "Color: A Fiber Festival". where I hope I will not just loose my mind and buy more fiber. Faint hope I know but I will try. Until I have something better for you all to see, I hope everyone has a great weekend.


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah! resisting fiber may be hard to do! The festival looks like it will be fantastic. Take a look at A Verb For Keeping Warm, I'm sure they will have something to spend a few $$ on :) Maybe bring a large bag tomorrow? Terry

Opal said...

That batt looks like heaven. Good luck resisting the fiber! I'm having a hard time resisting the gorgeous stuff I see online, I can't imagine resisting the stuff in person!

fleegle said...

I adore the batt--it's so Spring-colored. And it looks so sqooshy-soft!

Stephanie said...

:) I hope you enjoy spinning that batt up - I try to go light on the sparkles. I look forward to seeing it transformed :) Have a great time at the fiber festival...looking forward to seeing your haul ;)

Lacefreak said...

Dear Terry,

I brought a big big bag and I went down hard at "A Verb For Keeping Warm" LOL.

Lacefreak said...

Dear Opal,

This batt is heaven to spin and is very pretty without having too much sparkle. As for resisting other fiber purchases, let's just say I failed that test big time and so did my sister! Next post is going to just be pictures of stuff we got.

Lacefreak said...

Dear fleegle,

This batt of fiber is the most fabulous spin I've ever had and that is saying something. The processing is perfect and the color is sublime. I gasped when I got my hands on it and was in love from the minute I started to spin. Heaven!

Lacefreak said...

Dear Stephanie,

Oh what wonderful fiber! It's fabulous and spins like a dream. I joined a group on Ravelry called "One Shawl To Rule Them All". It's a take-off of LOTR and I'm going to spin whatever pattern they pick for the Elven group with this beautiful yarn. I hope the pattern is a pretty one! Green, sparkle, lace, what's not to like. Thank you for this lovely spinning experience!